Every distribution system and electrical supply chain has three basic components: generation, transmission, and the end user. While the first two components have been steadily advancing through technological improvements, the last component has remained virtually unchanged and unimproved. Though small advances have been made, most are inefficient and lack the innovation needed to make a significant impact.
This is our new and innovative end user approach
POWER-CEO™ is the new standard, bringing end-user new possibilities for KW demand, KW usage, KW savings, and KVA reduction. Our technology allows for strategic power factor correction where the problem is, in the facility rather than at the service entrance, which is the industry standard.
By correcting “At Load” or near the load there are superior energy savings achieved by reducing currents and line loss between the load and meter.
The benefits of Power-ceotm:
- Excess current reduction from thermal line loss creates savings in billable watts at the meter. This lowers KW and associated KW charges such as Demand and Usage.
- Eliminates Power Factor Penalty
- Increased ROI- Our target is 12 months
- Can be installed behind a service entrance correction unit. We have seen a $8000 a month average savings in addition to a previously installed service entrance unit.
- Reduced thermal degradation of structural electrical devices and associated maintenance.
- Reduced levels of equipment damage by reduced harmonics
- Harmonic dissipation from “At Load” correction reduces the cost of harmonic packages and equipment damage compared to a service entrance unit which has concentrated capacitance generating higher magnitude harmonics on the larger conductors.
service entrance units drawbacks:
- Only lowers PF or VAR penalty
- Will not benefit KW, KW demand or KW usage charges.
- Concentrated capacitance generates higher harmonics, often requiring additional harmonic reduction packages at additional cost. (POWER-CEO™ units will not amplify existing harmonics)